2017 AGM Minutes 2017
EPA AGM 2017 Minutes
Hall of fame 2016

AGM

Last updated on 3 years ago
Safeway
Super Admin

Safeway Posted 3 years ago
Formal notice of the SCPA AGM to be held on Sunday 13th December 2015.
Venue:
Woodbridge Hill Working mens club, Guildford.
Time: 12:15pm for a 12:30pm start.
Address:
29 Aldershot Rd, Guildford, Surrey GU2 8AE

An Email has already been sent out to the Committee advising them of the date, time etc.

List of Current serving officers and 2016 Nominations / proposals.

Chairman Billy Stewart 2016 Billy Stewart ( as per rule)

Secretary Geoff Kite ( stood down ) 2017 Kevin Selway ( Acting ) Proposed Billy Stewart. Seconded Tony Edwards

Treasurer Allan Gomez ( st.down ) 2017 Simon Le Merchant Proposed: Allan Gomez...Seconded: Kevin Selway

President Vacant 2016 NO

Vice President Vacant 2016 NO

Vice President Vacant 2016 NO

Team Manager Allan Gomez 2016 Allan Gomez Proposed: Neil Callingham. Seconded: Tony Edwards

Assistant Team Manager Simon Le Merchant 2016 Simon Le Merchant. Proposed: Allan Gomez Seconded: Neil Callingham

A team captain Ollie O'Boyle 2016 Nick Booth Proposed: Allan Gomez Seconded: Neil Callingham

B team Captain Neil Callingham 2016 Martin Lambert. Proposed: Neil Callingham Seconded: Max Brooker

C team Captain Steve Pantony 2016 Steve Pantony Proposed: Allan Gomez. Seconded: Kevin Selway

Ladies Captain Sarah Smith 2016 Sarah Smith Proposed: Allan Gomez ( on behalf of ladies team ) Seconded: Neil Callingham

Seniors Captain Jon Leach 2016 Chris Pidgeon Proposed: Allan Gomez Seconded: Neil Callingham

Junior team Manager Billy Lenihan 2016 Billy Lenihan Proposed: Allan Gomez Seconded: Neil Callingham

Tournament director Vacant 2016 Vacant
Tournament Assistant Vacant 2016 Vacant

Interleague Secretary Tony Edwards 2016 Tony Edwards Proposed: Kevin Selway Seconded: Slem

Assist. Interleague Secretary Mark Hollingdale 2016 Mark Hollingdale Proposed: Allan Gomez Seconded: Slem

Region 7 delegate Kevin Selway 2016 Kevin Selway Proposed: Slem Seconded: Allan Gomez

Website Officer Kevin Selway 2016 Kevin Selway Proposed: Slem Seconded: Allan Gomez

Registration Secretary Stan Robinson 2016 Stan Robinson Proposed: Slem Seconded: Neil Callingham

First name is the current serving officer, the second name along is the person who's name has been put forward for the position. If anyone currently serving does not want to be considered for a position for 2016, please let me know ASAP...If you know anyone currently serving, then please ask them what their intensions are for 2016.
Many thanks
Kev..

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
last edited by Safeway on 30-11-2015 17:47
20 posts
max

max Posted 3 years ago
Anybody giving up their role within the committee?

Can they say now so someone interested in doing that job can out their name forward.
I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.

- Winston Churchill
Stan

Stan Posted 3 years ago
SCPA CONSTITUTION re officers nominations &/or appointments (constitution is in the download section)

4.3.4 Retiring officers shall be eligible to become candidates for re-election without nomination,
except as follows with effect from January 2000. If any Officer either, a] has failed to attend at least
50% of Management Committee meetings since the previous AGM or, b] has failed to attend at least
one General meeting in the period starting with the previous AGM and ending with the current AGM,
then that Officer will be deemed to have resigned their position at the current AGM (even if they have
some of their period of office left) and not be eligible for re-election without nomination; the
requirements of the following sentence will apply to them. All other candidates for election as
officers shall be nominated in writing, by two officers or affiliated Leagues at least thirty days prior to the AGM. In
the event of there being no candidates in accordance with the foregoing for any office nominations
may be received at the AGM.

4.3.5 At an AGM only two proposals from each Officer of the Association and 3 from each Affiliated
League will be discussed under the agenda item (v) “Consider for adoption any duly proposed and
seconded amendments to the Constitution.” listed under 4.3 of the Constitution. Any additional
proposals which are submitted will be deferred until after agenda item (vii) “Any other Business.”,
when the Chairman will decide, with the help of the meeting, whether or not time can be allocated to
consider any more proposals. If it can, then one proposal from each source will be considered, after
which the availability of time will again be assessed before further proposals are considered. This
process will be repeated until either it is decided no further time can be allocated, or until there are no
more proposals to consider. The order in which proposals from a particular source are considered will
be that in which they are presented to the secretary.The originators of proposals which are not dealt
with at the meeting will be informed of that fact by the Secretary in writing after the meeting.
¦
Ö_Ö
Ö_Ö
Stan "THE" Man
ó-ó ó¿ò
Brigh gach cluiche gu dheireadh
Gomez

Gomez Posted 3 years ago
Updates:

Treasurer- I'm standing down - SLeM to be proposed
A Team Captain - Ollie standing down - Booth to be proposed
Senior Captain - Leach standing down - Pidge to be proposed

Ofcourse others are able to stand for election for any of the above.

Asst Mgr - SLem to continue
B Team Captain - Cally to continue
C Team Captain - Steve - not sure on Steve's plans?
Ladies Captain - Sarah - open to options but will continue if needed
Juniors Manager - Billy to continue

Interleague Secretary - Edwards to continue
Secretary - Kev taken over temporary - to be be proposed permanent.

Not sure on the other positions

Aplogies if any of the above is not correct
Cally

Cally Posted 3 years ago
Are you accepting serious proposals via this thread??

If so, can we have a list of positions with the status of these updated as we go along so we can check progress??
Gomez

Gomez Posted 3 years ago
I plan on printing off some nomination sheets and bringing along Sunday
Stan

Stan Posted 3 years ago

Gomez wrote:

There is a criteria as to whether someone who is re standing must have attended a certain number of meetings and to whether they have to be nominated and seconded
Also all nominations have to be in by a certain number of days before the agm and all details circulated also a number of days before the agm
¦
Ö_Ö
Ö_Ö
Stan "THE" Man
ó-ó ó¿ò
SLeM

SLeM Posted 3 years ago
I think Steve Pantony does want to continue as C Team Captain.
The Silver Fox
Safeway
Super Admin

Stan wrote:

Gomez wrote:

There is a criteria as to whether someone who is re standing must have attended a certain number of meetings and to whether they have to be nominated and seconded
Also all nominations have to be in by a certain number of days before the agm and all details circulated also a number of days before the agm
¦

As we had no HYGM technically nobody has attended 50% of any meetings..
...I am also working on converting current files from PDF to Word...

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
last edited by Safeway on 28-10-2015 22:43
Safeway
Super Admin

Apart from the Chairmans position, every other position is up for nomination. I believe we took nominations and seconders from the website last year?? ( correct me if im wrong please )

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
Safeway
Super Admin

Please see first post regarding officers positions and current nominations etc..

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
Cally

Cally Posted 3 years ago
Kev, I believe a number of positions are 2 year terms. I'm sure the Captains are as I am expecting to see out my second year next year.
Cally

Cally Posted 3 years ago
Also please note I was not Assistant Team Manager this year, Simon Le Marchant was

Yep Edited..was reading from the list of officers from 2014..My bad..
last edited by Safeway on 28-10-2015 22:50
Safeway
Super Admin

The following officers shall be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting:-
(i) President
(ii) Vice-President(s) [If deemed to be necessary]
(iii) Inter-League Secretary & Assistant Interleague Secretary.
(iv) Association Delegate to Region
(v) TeamManagers.( i.e. TeamManager, Assistant TeamManager and Youth TeamManager) and
Team Captains (A, B, C, Ladies and Senior)
(vi) Tournament Director and Tournament Assistant.
(vii) Press Officer
(viii) Registrations Secretary (For EPA Player Registrations)

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
Cally

Cally Posted 3 years ago
You live and learn!!

My apologies
Safeway
Super Admin

So far NO nominations have been received, nor have I heard from current elected officers if they wish to carry on in their role for 2016...please let me know before 13th November.

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
Safeway
Super Admin

First Post edited to reflect the nomination and seconder for new B team captain..

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
Stan

Stan Posted 3 years ago

Safeway wrote:

Apart from the Chairmans position, every other position is up for nomination. I believe we took nominations and seconders from the website last year?? ( correct me if im wrong please )
Doesn't the nominator and seconder have to be at the meeting to have the nomination accepted and don't they have to be in writing & signed by league officer/s
¦
Ö_Ö
Ö_Ö
Stan "THE" Man
ó-ó ó¿ò
Cally

Cally Posted 3 years ago
Do they only have to be present if they are to be nominated from the floor??
Stan

Stan Posted 3 years ago

Cally wrote:

Do they only have to be present if they are to be nominated from the floor??
I think if someone is being nominated from floor then they should be there
¦
Ö_Ö
Ö_Ö
Stan "THE" Man
ó-ó ó¿ò
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Forgot Password?
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Safeway
2 years ago
another 35 spammers deleted!
Safeway
2 years ago
Hall of fame with updated 2016 stats now in the download section
Safeway
2 years ago
Interleague 2017 Fixtures now in the downloads section
Safeway
2 years ago
Another 35 spammers deleted!!
Safeway
2 years ago
45 spammers banned in last 3 days!!
Safeway
2 years ago
Some historical photos uploded! see gallery for photos
Safeway
2 years ago
Another 29 spammers banned!
Safeway
2 years ago
SCPA AGM is on December 10th, Midday, at the Woodbridge Hill Working mens club in Guildford.
Safeway
2 years ago
Congratulations on our Senior team winning the R7 title today!
Safeway
2 years ago
7 spammers banned since turning on New member approval by Admin..
3,325,361 unique visits