Surrey County Pool Association

Sign In

Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Forgot Password?

Shoutbox

You must login to post a message.

Safeway
3 years ago
another 35 spammers deleted!
Safeway
3 years ago
Hall of fame with updated 2016 stats now in the download section
Safeway
3 years ago
Interleague 2017 Fixtures now in the downloads section
Safeway
3 years ago
Another 35 spammers deleted!!
Safeway
3 years ago
45 spammers banned in last 3 days!!
Safeway
3 years ago
Some historical photos uploded! see gallery for photos
Safeway
3 years ago
Another 29 spammers banned!
Safeway
4 years ago
SCPA AGM is on December 10th, Midday, at the Woodbridge Hill Working mens club in Guildford.
Safeway
4 years ago
Congratulations on our Senior team winning the R7 title today!
Safeway
4 years ago
7 spammers banned since turning on New member approval by Admin..

2015 Finals Weekend - Surrey A

Last updated on 5 years ago
SLeM

SLeM Posted 5 years ago
Although they lost the First Round match in the main event to Lancashire A, they have bounced back by beating Suffolk A in the First Round of the Inter County Cup and then edging out Humberside A 24-22 in the Quarter Final after a play-off.

They are now through to the Semi Final tomorrow morning and will play West Yorkshire A.

A great effort after the disappointment of going out in the First Round of the Main Event and good luck tomorrow.
The Silver Fox
Safeway
Super Admin

Safeway Posted 5 years ago
Well done lads. Good luck for the semi finals ( and hopefully beyond! ) 8ball

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
Safeway
Super Admin

The team has made it to the final!! well done and good luck for the final...live streaming from the EPA website at midday
http://www.epa.org.uk/epa_streaming.php

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
SLeM

SLeM Posted 5 years ago
Just heard from Ollie that A Team have won the Final! Fantastic!!
The Silver Fox
Safeway
Super Admin

Great result for the A team..great for region 7 as Berkshire have just won the Main event 23-18

www.blackwaterpool.com
SCPA webmaster
SCPA R7 Rep..
SCPA Secretary.
Stan

Stan Posted 5 years ago
Very Well done everyone big grin
Ö_Ö
Ö_Ö
Stan "THE" Man
ó-ó ó¿ò
Brigh gach cluiche gu dheireadh
Ed

Ed Posted 5 years ago
Good work, fellas.
Yarmouth silverware should never be under-appreciated.
Cally

Cally Posted 5 years ago
Fantastic achievement!! Well done fellas!!
TomK

TomK Posted 5 years ago
Well done boys. As Brooksy says, any silverware won at Yarmouth shouldn't be under- appreciated.

From a personal point of view, my weekend couldn't really have gone much better starting with Friday and re-qualifying for the England team. Thanks to those who supported me and sent me congratulation messages. I really do appreciate it.

In the team event, we played well against Lancashire in the first game of the main competition Saturday but just faded away in the last set which cost us but the way we bounced back to win the next 4 matches and the title of the KO Cup champions was impressive and something that I'm proud of.

Thought Ollie did a great job as skipper and for the first time since I've played County, Boothy was moved from the back end of the order to open up with me and his record over the weekend was pretty good so a good decision from the skip! No point in having one of your better players at the back end if he isn't going to get the chance to play all of his frames!
TomK

TomK Posted 5 years ago
How do you post pictures on here? I copy the URL an then paste it on here and no picture appears???
warren

warren Posted 5 years ago
Well Done chaps.

Was annoying the Mrs by following most of the weekend on stream/updates and even stalked Tom K via the stream with the announcments on who was on what tables in the trials.

Well done all again.
JimmyC

JimmyC Posted 5 years ago
Hi how do you put photos on here, I took a couple of your winning team for you just not sure how to put them up.
Miss_H

Miss_H Posted 5 years ago
Congrats on re-qualifying, Tom.

And great work to you all, fantastic achievement!
Spud

Spud Posted 5 years ago
Congratulations Tom, Ollie and all the lads, tremendous efforts.
andye

andye Posted 5 years ago
well done lads, a nice way to start my sabbatical and for shaggy to retire again!

there is a team photo on the EPA site but like the EPA the quality isn't very good! any way we can get a high res version? that'll be mothers day sorted
Metin

Metin Posted 5 years ago
Great performance after the last set in the first match. We beat some very good teams to win it so great effort.
We could all have stopped caring and put our comfy shoes on but no, we nuckled down in our uncomfortable footwear and earned some well earned donuts.
Thumbs up from me
last edited by Metin on 02-03-2015 11:56
cookster

cookster Posted 5 years ago
Great weekend with decent company. Team spirit was excellent and everyone was getting involved in all sorts of banter.
Well done to Tom on re-qualifying for England and well done to the lads.
It shows the strength of our team to win this title without Hopey and Petty who will be with us next year. We will be a tough team to beat.
Let's get both Surrey teams there next year
Break and Dish - simples
Boothy8

Boothy8 Posted 5 years ago
Great team spirit and application after losing in the first match to take the title.

On two other notes.... Shaggy, comeback to county as your a huge asset (in a good way Wink )

Massive thanks to Mark Hollingdale for stepping in to help us. We couldn't have won it without you.
Fudging is the future!!
Stan

Stan Posted 5 years ago

andye wrote:

well done lads, a nice way to start my sabbatical and for shaggy to retire again!

there is a team photo on the EPA site but like the EPA the quality isn't very good! any way we can get a high res version?

that'll be mothers day sorted

cheapskateSad
Ö_Ö
Ö_Ö
Stan "THE" Man
ó-ó ó¿ò
Brigh gach cluiche gu dheireadh
lionking

lionking Posted 5 years ago
Echo what has been said here. We responded well from the disappointment of losing to a decent Lancashire side. We put ourselves in the position to win that match and have a go at Staffs but we made some schoolboy errors that ultimately cost us.

Wins against Suffolk, Humberside, West Yorkshire and then West Midlands allowed us to get much needed match winning confidence. Hopefully this is the start of the A team performing well at GY again. We haven't won a game in the main competition since 2010 and we have to put that right. Getting in the top 2 this season will be a challenge in itself.

On the table we possibly overachieved with the side we went with. Losing Hopey so close to the competition was a hammer blow. It didn't knock our belief though and that was pleasing.

Tom led from the front all weekend. Top player. Boothy opening the batting was excellent. Jack had mixed results but was outstanding in the final. Ryan showed flashes of class but will on the whole feel he didn't get as many points as he expected. Cookie was super in the final especially and steady throughout. He nicked Boothy's tactical approach which was scary but effective. Holly will have gained valauble experience in what was a difficult gig for him. Thanks for helping us. Max had an up and down weekend but his desire can't be questioned. He got to hit the winning black. A national title in our 1 year together as captain and manager. Not bad not bad at all.We've earned those comfy shoes!

Last mention for the 3 departing Croydon players.
Esser - very underrated by some but not by me. Every team needs a steady stick who puts points on the board. He will be hard to replace. We will welcome him back sometime down the line i'm sure.
Shaggy - he will be back he misses it too much. I saw him cry! Great for team spirit and dished with Jack's cue.
Met - he was really good this weekend. Took out finish after finish and won the decisive frame in the play off versus Wad. I will miss him!
Thanks you 3.

For the rest, hard work starts again this Sunday in Brighton!
last edited by lionking on 02-03-2015 15:34
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Render time: 16.7 seconds
7,812,248 unique visits